Writing a book is a daunting task as it can be full of challenges. And in the end, chalking out a strategy to get your book on the shelves can prove more challenging than the task of writing the book itself. It’s not just about getting your book published! Many authors struggle with promoting and marketing their books. The good news is that Lincoln Writes’ book marketing experts offer you some trusted tactics to make this process easier. You can use these hacks to help promote your book and ensure it reaches more people.
Make a Winning Book Cover
Your book cover is the first impression potential readers will have of your book. So, it’s essential to ensure it grabs the viewer’s attention! Here are some tips for creating a winning book cover:
- Keep it simple: Don’t try to cram too much information on the cover, as it will overwhelm readers. A simple design with a clear focus will be much more effective.
- Make sure the title and author name are prominently displayed. These are the essential elements of your book cover, so make sure they stand out.
- Use high-quality images – low-quality images will make your book cover look amateurish. Invest in some good-quality stock photos or hire a professional designer.
- Use colors that complement each other and offer a consistent look. Choose colors that work well together and create a pleasing visual effect.
- Avoid using cliched images. We’ve all seen those “cheesy” stock photos of people reading books in front of sunset backdrops. Don’t use them! Be original and find unique images to make your book cover stand out.
Get Social Media Followers and Likes
There’s no denying that social media is one of the most powerful tools in a marketer’s toolkit. After all, these platforms allow you to reach a broader audience easily.
But, as with any marketing tool, social media must be used appropriately and correctly. Making random posts will not garner more followers or likes. It could do more harm than good.
Here are some tips recommended by book marketing experts for using social media to market your book effectively:
- Use hashtags to reach a wider audience. Hashtags are like search engine keywords; they allow you to target specific audiences with your content.
- Create shareable content. If your content is exciting and easy to share, people will likely share it too. This includes writing blog posts, composing infographics, and posting images.
- Use calls to action. Asking people to follow you or like your page with enticing words, images and posts helps your marketing cause.
- Be active on social media. The more active you are, the more likely people will notice and interact with you. Post regularly, comment on other people’s posts, and start conversations.
Have an Author’s Website
An author’s website is one of the most trusted book marketing experts’ tactics that always work. Why? Because it’s an easy and effective way to connect with your readers. It gives them a place to learn about your work ad adds to your credibility.
An author’s website doesn’t have to be fancy or expensive. It can be as simple as a single page with your contact information and a brief bio. But even an essential website can be a powerful marketing tool if you use it effectively.
Create and Share Content
If you want to build a strong relationship with your audience, you need to create and share content that is interesting and relevant to them. There are a few trusted book marketing tactics that always work:
- Write guest blog posts for popular blogs in your niche.
- Create helpful resources, like e-books or cheat sheets, and give them away for free.
- Share your expert knowledge by writing articles or giving interviews on popular podcasts.
- Create videos or webinars teaching people how to do something related to your book’s topic.
- Offer discounts or freebies exclusively to your email subscribers.
Join Online Communities
One of the most effective ways to market your book is to join online communities related to your book’s topic. By joining these communities, you’ll be able to connect with readers who are interested in your book. It helps you reach your target audience.
Search on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter to find these communities. Alternatively, you can use Google to find forums and discussion groups. Once you’ve discovered active communities, introduce yourself and start participating in the conversations.
Be sure to promote your book respectfully and helpfully instead of spamming their inbox with emails or through sales-y. Building relationships with your audience will persuade them to check out your book when it is released.
Get on the Bestseller Lists
- Make sure your book is high-quality and well-written. This is the most crucial step to getting on any bestseller list.
- Get excellent reviews from well-respected sources. The more positive reviews you have, the more likely bestseller lists will notice you.
- Create a solid social media presence for your book. Use social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook to promote your book and get people talking about it.
- Make sure your book is available in as many places as possible.
- Price your book competitively. Bestseller lists consider sales volume and price when determining rankings, so ensure you’re pricing your book accordingly.
- Run effective advertising campaigns. Advertising can be a great way to increase awareness of your book and encourage sales.
- Get creative with your marketing efforts. There are endless possibilities when marketing your book – get creative and think outside the box!
Marketing stunts are a great way to get attention for your book. They can be anything from dressing up as your book’s characters and handing out free copies to hiring a skywriter to write your book’s title in the sky. The key is ensuring your stunt is relevant to your book and will generate some buzz.
Here are some ideas for marketing stunts that always work:
- Dressing up your book with interesting characters and handing out free copies is a great way to get people interested in your book and start talking about it. Plus, it’s much more fun!
- Hiring a skywriter to write your book’s title is a great way to entice people to talk about your book and generate interest. It’s also a great photo op!
- Setting up a “book bomb” – A book bomb is when you coordinate with other people to buy and review your book on the same day. This helps push your book up the rankings on Amazon and other retailers, making it more visible to potential readers.
Hire a book marketing agency
There are many book marketing tactics, but not all are equally effective if you don’t know the tricks. Book marketing experts try and test these seven tactics that always help you sell more books. So, if you’re looking for a surefire way to boost your book sales, start with these seven trusted book marketing tactics.
However, if you need book marketing experts to help market your book, Lincoln Writes are the master of this field. We can help you get the exposure you need. We understand the importance of marketing for authors.
Furthermore, we offer exclusive services like book editing, ghost-writing, E-book publishing, E-book writing, book marketing, fiction writing, non-fiction book writing, biography writing, informative writing, autobiography writing, memoir writing, book cover design, audiobook, video book trailer and author website. Contact us today for a free consultation.